Collocations With Time, Time Collocations List! Time is a fundamental concept that plays an essential role in our daily lives. From scheduling appointments to planning our day, time influences every aspect of our routines. As a result, it’s no surprise that time collocations are so commonly used in the English language. A collocation is a group of words that naturally occur together and convey a specific meaning.
In this article, we’ll explore 50 common time collocations that you’ll frequently encounter in conversations, written works, and media. Whether you’re an English learner or a native speaker, these collocations will help you express yourself more accurately and fluently.
Time Collocations List:
- Daylight Saving Time
- Time Tracking Analysis
- Time Tracking System
- Take Your Time
- Standard Time
- Time Tracking Regulation
- Lead Time
- International Time
- Set Up Time
- Time Consumption
- Save Time
- Stall For Time
- Time Tracking Requirement
- Processing Time
- Time Optimization
- Peak Time
- Time Tracking Method
- Free Time
- Run Out Of Time
- Time Tracking Standard
- Prime Time
- Time Tracking Law
- Time-Saving Rule
- Time Saving Method
- Eastern Standard Time
- Greenwich Mean Time
- Time Tracking
- Snack Time
- Rush Hour
- Time Effectiveness
- Time Tracking Technique
- Off-Peak Time
- Time Tracking Spreadsheet
- Time Stamp
- Real Time
- Time Saving Guideline
- Have A Hard Time
- Time-Saving Approach
- Full Time
- Break Time
- Meal Time
- To Tell Time
- This/The Same Time Tomorrow
- Time Tracking Framework
- Time Saving Law
- Time Zone
- Summer Time
- Short Time
- Response Time
- Time-Saving Principle
- Time Tracking Process
- Time Saving Policy
- Time Tracking Procedure
- Time Saving Process
- Spare Time
- Lunch Time
- Time Allocation
- Time Utilization
- Pacific Standard Time
- Run Time
- Tea Time
- Kill Time
- Time Tracking Rule
- Turnaround Time
- Wake-Up Time
- Long Time
- Time Saving Requirement
- Time Tracking Criterion
- Cycle Time
- Up Time
- Time Productivity
- Time-Saving Regulation
- Free Time
- Time Efficiency
- Take Time Off
- Waiting Time
- Pass The Time
- Time Tracking Tool
- Time Saving Strategy
- To Keep Time
- Coffee Time
- Central Standard Time
- Winter Time
- Time Tracking Software
- Time Distribution
- Transit Time
- Time Tracking Approach
- Have A Great Time
- Time Tracking App
- Mountain Standard Time
- Make Time For
- Time Management
- Time Saving
- Time Tracking Solution
- Time Tracking Principle
- Time Saving Standard
- Time Tracking Policy
- Precious Time
- Time Tracking Strategy
- Time Clock
- Time-Saving Procedure
- Just In Time
- Time Tracking Report
- Time Saving Framework
- Daylight Time
- Spend Time
- Time Tracking Guideline
- Time Saving Technique
- Leisure Time
- Set Time
- Have Time
- Waste Time
- Quality Time
Collocations With Time in Example Sentences
- I have a great time whenever I hang out with my friends.
- I have a hard time understanding difficult concepts in math.
- I have time to finish this project by the end of the week.
- I arrived at the meeting just in time before it started.
- I like to kill time by reading books or playing games.
- I enjoy spending my leisure time outdoors, hiking or biking.
- I always try to make time for my family and friends, no matter how busy I am.
- The train arrived on time and I was able to catch it.
- I listened to music to pass the time during my long flight.
- Time management is important for productivity and efficiency.
- I use time-tracking apps to keep track of how much time I spend on work tasks.
- Spending quality time with loved ones is essential for maintaining strong relationships.
- I need some downtime to relax and recharge after a long day at work.
- The website has an uptime of 99%, meaning it is rarely down.
- The response time for customer service was quick and efficient.
- The turnaround time for the project was two weeks.
- The processing time for the application was longer than expected.
- I had a long waiting time at the airport due to a delay.
- The transit time from my house to the office is about 30 minutes.
- The lead time for ordering custom furniture is six weeks.
- The cycle time for manufacturing a product is three days.
- The run time for the movie was two hours.
- The set-up time for the event took longer than anticipated.
- I take a short break time every hour to stretch and rest my eyes.
- I usually have a sandwich for lunchtime at work.
- I like to have a cup of tea during tea time in the afternoon.
- I always have a cup of coffee in the morning during coffee time.
- I like to have a snack during snack time in the evening.
- I usually have dinner with my family during mealtime.
- I go to bed at bedtime every night to ensure a good night’s sleep.
- I wake up at a specific wake-up time every morning to start my day.
- The peak time for traffic is usually during rush hour.
- I prefer to travel during the off-peak time to avoid crowds.
- I like to go for a walk during the daytime to enjoy the sunshine.
- I usually watch TV at nighttime to wind down before bed.
- The lifetime of the product is estimated to be five years.
- I stayed at the beach for a short time before heading back to work.
- I have been waiting for this opportunity for a long time.
- I like to read or write during my spare time when I’m not busy.
- I prefer to work in real-time to get immediate feedback and results.
- I work part-time while studying at university.
- I work full-time as a software developer.
- I sometimes work overtime to meet project deadlines.
- The prime time for TV shows is usually in the evening.
- I always forget to change the clocks during daylight saving time.
- I enjoy the warm weather during summertime.
- I prefer the cozy atmosphere during wintertime.
Examples of Collocations with Time and Meanings
Below is the list of collocations with examples and meanings:
– Tell someone the time.
Meaning- Asking someone to tell time
Example Sentence- Can you tell me the time, please?
– Waste time
Meaning- Doing useless things
Example Sentence- He is wasting time since childhood.
– Run Out Of Time
Meaning- Have no more time
Example Sentence- I ran out of time, so I ‘ go to the store.
– Spend time
Meaning- pass your time doing something
Example Sentence- I spent some time in Australia when I was a kid.
– Have time to
Meaning- available to do something.
Example Sentence- He likes to take cricket lessons, but he doesn’t have enough time.
– Have A Hard/Rough Time
Meaning- a difficult period in life.
Example Sentence- He’s been having a hard time with his research paper.
– Free/Spare Time
Meaning- That time when you are free
Example Sentence- In my free time, I enjoy swimming, eating, and cooking.
– It’s about time
Example Sentence- It’s about time for me to swim.
– On Time
Meaning- Exactly at the right time
Example Sentence- He is always on time.
– Take your time
Meaning- When you have sufficient time
Example Sentence- No need to hurry, we have a lot of time.
– Save time
Meaning- To save time
Example Sentence- I love to shop online because it saves time.
– Run out of time
Meaning- No more time
Example Sentence- Did you run out of time or did you finish your exam?
– Make time for
Meaning- Try to have sometime
Example Sentence- He was very busy but he’ll try to make time for you.
– Bang/dead/right on the time
Meaning- Exactly on time
Example Sentence- Bus left bad on the time.
– Kill time
Meaning- Do something to pass the time
Example Sentence- He got to the station very early, so he had a meal in the small restaurant.
– Just In Time
Meaning- At the perfect time
Example Sentence- Have a seat Robert – you got here just in time for the match.
Download this list of collocations of time in a PDF