Collective nouns are one of the most interesting parts of the English language. They are words that describe a group of people, animals, or things as if they were one entity.
Examples of Collective Nouns With Sentences
Here are 10 examples of collective nouns used in sentences:
- The farmer harvested a bushel of apples from the orchard.
- The orchestra played with a harmony of instruments on stage.
- The athlete trained with a team of trainers to improve his performance.
- The oceanographer studied a pod of whales in their natural habitat.
- The historian researched an archive of documents in the library.
- The tour guide led a group of tourists through the museum.
- The birdwatcher spotted a flock of seagulls flying over the beach.
- The winemaker bottled a barrel of wine from the vineyard.
- The hostess served a plate of appetizers to her guests.
- The gardener tended to a bed of flowers in the garden.
Related: 100 Examples of Collective Nouns
Last updated on April 6th, 2023 at 04:43 pm