Wheat is one of the world’s most cultivated grains, playing a crucial role in the global food supply. It’s used in a wide variety of food products and has a significant impact on agriculture. Understanding the vocabulary related to wheat can provide a deeper insight into this essential crop and its numerous applications.
Words Related to Wheat
Here are the top 30 terms related to wheat with meanings:
- Grain: The edible seed harvested from wheat plants.
- Gluten: A protein found in wheat that provides elasticity to dough.
- Harvest: The process of gathering mature wheat crops.
- Cereal: A food product, often breakfast-oriented, made from processed wheat.
- Flour: Wheat grains that have been ground into a fine powder.
- Bread: A food product made by mixing wheat flour, water, and yeast.
- Combine: A machine used for harvesting wheat and separating the grain.
- Agriculture: The science or practice of farming, including wheat cultivation.
- Crop: A plant, like wheat, that is grown for harvest.
- Milling: The process of grinding wheat into flour.
- Starch: A carbohydrate found in the endosperm of wheat.
- Yeast: Microorganisms used in fermenting wheat products.
- Straw: The dry stalks of wheat plants, used for bedding or fodder.
- Silo: A storage facility for keeping harvested wheat.
- Gluten-free: Foods that do not contain the protein gluten.
- Wholegrain: Wheat in which the entire grain, including bran, is used.
- Fiber: The non-digestible parts of the wheat grain.
- Threshing: Separating the grain from the husks and straw.
- Pasta: Food made from wheat and water, often shaped into forms.
- Bakery: A place where products made from wheat, like bread, are sold.
- Sourdough: Bread made from naturally fermented wheat dough.
- Irrigation: The artificial application of water to assist wheat growth.
- Roti: An Indian bread made from whole wheat flour.
- Fertilizer: A substance added to soil to encourage wheat growth.
- Gluten-sensitive: Condition where gluten can cause discomfort but is not celiac.
- Endosperm: The inner part of the grain containing starch.
- Triticum: The scientific genus name for wheat.
- Germination: The process by which a wheat grain begins to grow.
- Einkorn: An ancient, primitive form of wheat.
- Husk: The protective outer covering of a wheat grain.
Explore More Words: