Thanksgiving is a holiday celebrated predominantly in the United States and Canada. It is often associated with giving thanks, family gatherings, and feasting. Below is a list of words you might hear or use in connection with Thanksgiving.
Words Related to Thanksgiving
Here are the top 30 terms related to Thanksgiving with meanings:
- Turkey: A large bird commonly served at Thanksgiving feasts.
- Feast: A large, celebratory meal.
- Pilgrims: Early settlers who celebrated the first Thanksgiving.
- Cornucopia: A symbol of abundance and nourishment.
- Gravy: A sauce made from meat juices.
- Stuffing: A mixture of bread and spices cooked inside a turkey.
- Pumpkin Pie: A traditional Thanksgiving dessert.
- Harvest: The gathering of ripe crops.
- Cranberry: A tart fruit often made into sauce.
- Autumn: The season when Thanksgiving occurs.
- Mashed Potatoes: Potatoes boiled and mashed.
- Grateful: Feeling thankful.
- Family: People you are related to by blood or marriage.
- Native Americans: Indigenous people present at the first Thanksgiving.
- Yams: A type of orange sweet potato.
- Mayflower: The ship Pilgrims arrived on.
- Parade: A public procession, often during holidays.
- Cornbread: A bread made from cornmeal.
- Bountiful: Having plenty of something; abundant.
- Apple Cider: A drink made from pressed apples.
- Green Beans: A type of vegetable often served in casseroles.
- Tradition: A long-standing custom or practice.
- Football: A sport commonly watched on Thanksgiving.
- Black Friday: The day after Thanksgiving, known for sales.
- Dinner Rolls: Small bread served with meals.
- Gobble: The sound a turkey makes.
- Leftovers: Food not eaten during the initial meal.
- Pecan Pie: A pie made from pecan nuts.
- Prayer: Words spoken to a deity, often before the meal.
- Celebration: The action of marking a joyful occasion.
Explore More Related Words: