Meaning/Definition of long: Adjective describing something measuring a great distance from end to end; Adverb describing something happening or continuing for a large amount of time; Verb referring to the act of desire or yearn for someone or something.
What is the Opposite of long?
The Opposite of long is short.
Other Opposites of long:
Here is the list of all opposites or antonyms of long:
- To the point
Example Sentences Using Opposites of “long”:
- Keep your response short and concise.
- The meeting will be brief, so come prepared.
- The happiness was temporary; it didn’t last long.
- We need to find a quick solution to the problem.
- His swift action prevented further damage.
- The feeling of excitement was only momentary.
- The euphoria of winning the lottery was transient.
- The joy she felt was fleeting.
- The unexpected news came as a sudden shock.
- The response was received instantly.
Explore More Opposite Words:
Last updated on June 24th, 2023 at 03:15 pm