An appositive phrase is a phrase that describes another noun or pronoun in a sentence. Appositive phrases can be used to clarify, provide additional information, or help to create vivid images in the reader’s mind. In this article, we will explore 10 examples of appositive phrases.
Here are 10 examples of appositive phrases in sentences:
- My mother, a really smart lady, was the one who fixed my bike.
- You kid, a very bad boy, teased me a lot.
- The store’s owner, a really nice lady, helped me with my homework.
- The cat, Miss Kitty-Kitty, is in the box.
- The dog, Ginger, is not in the box.
- My younger sister, a very cute girl, always plays with me.
- My sister, a very outgoing girl, is the best dancer.
- This book, a pretty one, is in the box.
- The other book, a big one, is on the table.
- My father, a very kind man, waited for me.
Last updated on April 10th, 2023 at 06:57 am