Aeroplanes, symbols of human ingenuity, have reshaped global travel and commerce. Dive deep into aviation parlance with these top 30 words related to aeroplanes, offering a snapshot into the intricate world of flight.
Words Related to Aeroplane
Below are the top 30 terms related to aeroplanes with meanings:
- Wing: A horizontal structure providing lift for the aircraft.
- Cockpit: The front section where pilots operate the aircraft.
- Jet engine: Provides thrust; typically fueled by aviation kerosene.
- Landing gear: Retractable wheels used for takeoff and landing.
- Tailfin: Vertical stabilizer controlling the aircraft’s yaw.
- Flaps: Adjustable parts on wings for lift and drag.
- Runway: The paved strip for taking off and landing.
- Turbine: A component converting gas flow into mechanical power.
- Aileron: Hinged flight control surface for roll adjustment.
- Fuselage: The main body of the aircraft holding passengers and cargo.
- Propeller: Rotating blades providing thrust in some aircraft.
- Hangar: A large structure for storing and repairing aircraft.
- Rudder: Flight control surface; helps steer the plane.
- Elevator: Controls pitch; located on the tail.
- Taxiway: Paved path linking runways and terminals.
- Throttle: Control for engine’s power output.
- Black box: Flight data and cockpit voice recorder.
- Cabin: Interior space where passengers are seated.
- Airspeed: Speed of an aircraft relative to the air.
- Altimeter: Instrument measuring altitude above sea level.
- Avionics: Electronics used in the plane for navigation and communication.
- Gyroscope: Device ensuring stability and orientation in flight.
- Autopilot: System controlling the plane’s trajectory without manual intervention.
- Flight deck: The front section, includes a cockpit and instruments.
- Galley: Kitchen area for preparing in-flight meals.
- Tailwind: Wind moving in the same direction as the plane.
- Nose cone: Front part of the aircraft; improves aerodynamics.
- Ramp: Area where planes are parked, loaded, or maintained.
- Bulkhead: Internal wall separating sections of the cabin.
- Canopy: Transparent enclosure over the cockpit in some aircraft.
Read Other Related Words: