Time Expressions in English and Examples Sentences! Do you know how to use English time expressions? If not, don’t worry! In this blog post, we’ll teach you all about them with plenty of examples. By the end, you’ll be an expert on using phrases like “in the meantime” and “as soon as.” Let’s get started!
List of Time Expressions in English
Time Expressions in Future Tense
- In an hour
- In the future
- In the near future
- Later this evening
- Next month
- Next week
- Next year
- The day after tomorrow
- Way off in the future
Time Expressions in Present Tense
- As we speak
- At the moment
- At this time
- Right now
- These days
- This month
- This week
- This year
Time Expressions in Past Tense
- A little while ago
- A long time ago
- An hour ago
- In the past
- Last month
- Last week
- Last year
- The day before yesterday
- This morning
- In 1989
- When I was born
- One week ago
Time Expressions in Example Sentences
1) A long time ago, she was a great actor.
2) I haven’t seen you in a while.
3) It only took him a second to decide.
4) I’ll see you soon.
5) She’s been here for hours.
6) He left a few minutes ago.
7) It’s been days since I’ve seen her.
8) I need to leave in a few minutes.
9) The day after tomorrow, she’s leaving for vacation.
10) I’ll see you in a few days.
11) She’s been here for a long time.
12) I haven’t seen her in days.
13) I need to leave soon.
14) In a few minutes, she’ll be here.
15) She’s been gone for a long time.
16) I haven’t seen her in a while.
17) I need to leave soon.
18) In a few days, she’ll be back.
19) He’s been here for a long time.
20) I haven’t seen him in a while.
Related: Time Expressions in All Tenses
Last updated on March 20th, 2023 at 11:24 am