Metal is a remarkable substance that plays an integral role in our lives. From the sturdy frame of a skyscraper to the delicate gears of a timepiece, metal encompasses a wide range of materials with diverse properties. When it comes to describing metal, a multitude of words come to mind. Its solidity, resilience, and durability make it synonymous with strength and reliability. Yet, metal can also possess qualities like malleability, conductivity, and luster, adding a touch of elegance and versatility to its already impressive repertoire. Join us as we delve into the rich lexicon of words that encapsulate the essence of this extraordinary material.
Adjectives for Metal
Here are the 20 Most Popular adjectives for metal:
Adjectives for “metal head”:
Adjectives for “precious metal”:
Words to Describe Metal with Meanings
- Conductive: Capable of conducting electricity or heat.
- Durable: Able to withstand wear and tear.
- Flexible: Easily bent or shaped without breaking.
- Hard: Firm and resistant to pressure.
- Heavy: Having a great weight.
- Lustrous: Shining or reflecting light.
- Magnetic: Attracted to magnets or exhibiting magnetic properties.
- Malleable: Capable of being shaped or molded.
- Precious: Of great value or rarity.
- Reflective: Able to reflect light or images.
- Resilient: Able to recover quickly from difficulties.
- Rust-resistant: Not easily affected by rust.
- Shiny: Bright or glossy in appearance.
- Solid: Firm and stable in form.
- Strong: Having great physical power or force.
- Tough: Strong and resistant to impact or strain.
- Versatile: Capable of adapting to different uses or functions.
- Wear-resistant: Not easily damaged by friction or abrasion.
- Weldable: Capable of being joined or fused by welding.
- Workable: Able to be worked or shaped easily.
Example Sentences for Metal Adjectives
- Copper is conductive and widely used in electrical wiring.
- The durable suitcase survived the rough handling during the trip.
- Rubber bands are flexible and stretch easily.
- The diamond is one of the hardest metals known.
- The weightlifting barbell is made of heavy iron.
- The silver necklace is lustrous and catches the light beautifully.
- Magnets attract magnetic metals like iron and nickel.
- Gold is a highly malleable material and can be shaped into intricate designs.
- The jeweler crafted a stunning necklace with precious gemstones.
- The mirror is highly reflective and shows a clear reflection.
- Steel is a resilient material, able to withstand high impact.
- Stainless steel is rust-resistant and ideal for kitchen appliances.
- The polished silverware looks so shiny on the dining table.
- The solid iron gate provided security to the house.
- The strong wind blew the tree branches forcefully.
- The hiking boots are made of tough leather and can withstand rough terrain.
- Aluminum is a versatile metal used in various industries.
- The diamond coating makes the drill bit wear-resistant.
- The two pieces of metal were easily weldable and joined together.
- The clay was soft and workable, perfect for sculpting.
Explore More Words:
How to describe metal in writing?
Metal can be described in writing by highlighting its solidity, strength, durability, and various properties such as conductivity, malleability, and luster.
Is metal a noun, verb, or adjective?
Metal can be used as both a noun and an adjective. As a noun, it refers to a material or substance characterized by its metallic properties. As an adjective, it describes something relating to or made of metal.
What is metal in a sentence?
In a sentence, “metal” can be used to refer to a specific type of material or to describe the characteristics or properties of an object made from metal. For example: “The car was made of lightweight metal” or “The jewelry gleamed with shiny metal accents.”