Meaning of Short: measuring a small distance from end to end.
Comparative and Superlative Degree of Short
Comparative degree of Short is shorter, superlative degree of Short is shortest.
Examples Using Positive Degree Of Short:
- She has a short bob hairstyle.
- The cat has short black fur.
- He wore a short blue skirt.
- The movie was short and entertaining.
- The book contains short and insightful chapters.
- Her dress has short sleeves and a V-neckline.
- The toddler took short steps across the room.
- The meeting was short but productive.
- He gave a short speech before leaving the stage.
- The teacher assigned a short homework assignment.
Example Using Comparative Degree Of Short:
- Her hair is shorter than mine.
- This skirt is shorter than the other one.
- He ran shorter distances in the past.
- The film is shorter than I expected.
- The article is shorter than the previous one.
- She has shorter nails compared to her sister.
- The book has a shorter chapter towards the end.
- My vacation was shorter than I wanted.
- The line at the supermarket is getting shorter.
- The story has a shorter ending in the revised version.
Example Using Superlative Degree Of Short:
- She has the shortest hair in the group.
- This is the shortest skirt I’ve ever seen.
- He has run the shortest distance so far.
- It was the shortest film of the festival.
- This article has the shortest word count.
- Among the students, she has the shortest height.
- The book’s last chapter is the shortest.
- My vacation was the shortest one I’ve had.
- The line at the bank was the shortest today.
- The story has the shortest possible conclusion.
Explore More Adjectives:
Complete List: Degree of Adjectives
Last updated on June 13th, 2023 at 07:51 am